These Terms and Conditions of Yourdigitalcase.com set out the rights and obligations of the parties arising from the use of this website, and in particular the redemption of the Products purchased from the Vendor and the Promotional Action Add-ons.
Website/Platform –this Yourdigitalcase.com website, offering the redemption of Products purchased on the Vendor's website or through the Vendor's Business Partners and redemption of Promotional Action Add-ons received with Products as part of Promotional Actions. The platform is also used to manage the Customer Account. After registering on the Platform using the Temporary Access Password, the Customer shall be provided with further information on how to redeem the Product and/or Promotional Action Add-on.
Subpage – an auxiliary website supplementary to the Website, including mobile applications, electronic communications services, social networking sites, or any individual, business partner-specific, merchant-specific, or other area-specific websites that link to or reference these Terms and Conditions or the Website itself;
Order – the Customer's declaration of will placed by means of an Order Form available on the Platform or on the website of one of the Vendor's Partners, with its direct aim to conclude a Sales Contract with the Vendor. For an effective conclusion of the contract, the Vendor is required to confirm the acceptance of the Order.
Payment Provider – payments for the Products may be processed by third parties providing services in the scope of data processing and payments, invoicing of amounts due, reconciliation of balances and reporting.
Customer Account – virtual records on the Platform which allow for the identification, tracking and management of Orders and Customer Purchases.
Vendor/Controller – Bovem Cornu LLC Suite 305, Griffith Corporate Center, Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines Company No. 1232, the owner and controller of the Platform, offering the purchase of Online Courses/Products and/or Promotional Action Add-ons directly or via Business Partners.
Terms and Conditions – these Terms and Conditions of Yourdigitalcase.com.
Customer – any natural person who is at least 18 years of age and has the full legal capacity with access to or using the Website, including any person who has made a Purchase.
Temporary Access Password a unique sequence of alphanumeric characters provided by the Vendor. In compliance with the guidelines specified in the Terms and Conditions, with this Temporary Access Password, the Customer is entitled to log in to the Product, is entitled to access the Product purchased from the Vendor and is entitled to use it, and in the case of Products with Promotional Action Add-ons, the Customer is also entitled to claim and use the Add-on to the Promotional Action. The Temporary Access Password shall be valid for a period of 179 days from the date of delivery. The expiry date of the Temporary Access Password means the time within which such a code must be activated, and the Online Training/Product and/or Online Training with a Promotional Action Add-on must be claimed and used. The provisions listed above shall also apply to the Promotional Action Add-on. After the expiry of this period, it shall not be possible to redeem the Temporary Access Password in order to receive and to use the Online Training and/or the Online Training with the Promotional Action Add-on. The provisions listed above shall also apply to the Promotional Action Add-on. The extension of the term of validity of the Temporary Access Password after the expiry of the aforementioned 179 days shall be possible only as part of promotional campaigns conducted by the Vendor and may take place exclusively on the basis of the Vendor's decision. Such a promotional action may be directed only to selected customers and may depend on the type of Product purchased. The Vendor shall each time inform the Customer about the conditions for taking advantage of such a promotional action.
Business Partner – an entity commissioned by the Vendor with operational marketing activities and/or intermediating in the Sale of products offered by the Vendor.
Product/Online Training/Educational Services Package with a Promotional Action Add-on – online training and other educational materials, with the subject matter and volume / with the number of copies, depending on the type of package selected. This shall stand for a type of webinar conducted and implemented with the use of webcast technology, which enables two-way communication between the meeting leader and participants, with the use of virtual tools. Access and use are enabled by a Temporary Access Password received by the Customer from the Vendor. It is possible to include an Add-on in a Promotional Action.
Promotional Action – promotional action of the Products carried out by means of the Platform or Business Partners aimed at promoting the Products; the terms of Promotional Actions may be limited in time, free Promotional Action Add-ons may be offered depending on the Product, each time the Customer shall receive information on the size, type or time of the Promotional Action Add-on which is to be added;
Promotional Action Add-ons – gifts that may be included with the Product as part of Promotional Actions. It is clarified by specifying the type and quantity at the time of placing the Order. The gift may change depending on the Promotional Action, is provided free of charge, and nothing in the Promotional Action shall be construed by the Customer as an offer to purchase a gift for the Product being promoted. Access to a gift is granted to the Customer upon notification to the Vendor and upon meeting the relevant requirements appropriate to the type of gift.
Value of the Product – the price paid by the Customer for the Product, each time including the cost of delivery of the Temporary Access Password to the Customer.
Fees/other costs – fees charged to the Customer for the processing and preparing the Order, added to the price of the Order, the amount of which depends on the type of the Order, and the final value of which is visible to the Customer in the Order summary. The Customer has an opportunity to review these costs before placing the Order. The Vendor shall have the right to charge an additional fee for the costs incurred in connection with the activities of additional servicing of the order, or under the conditions of an individual offer.
Form – a document sent to the Customer by email to be completed, signed by the Customer and returned to the indicated address. It is used to fully activate access to the Educational Services Package and/or the Benefit. You may need to attach the appropriate Documents in order to correctly complete the form for claiming/using the Benefit.
Documents – the scans/copies of documents or personal data indicated herein that must be attached or provided on the Form, the submission of which is necessary in order to claim the Benefit. The provision of the aforementioned personal data and/or transmission of scans/copies of documents is always linked to the need to comply with basic international security procedures – in particular, KYC (know your customer) and AML (anti-money laundering).
Digital Wallet – or e-wallet, is used to store cryptocurrencies (private keys). It can be used to perform transactions of sending and receiving cryptocurrencies. It is a string of numbers and letters under which cryptocurrency is encrypted. Such a wallet can be created on any cryptocurrency exchange. If the Customer has not had an electronic wallet before, they shall set it up by themselves. The Customer undertakes not to disclose the data to the wallet to the extent that this could expose themselves or the Vendor to losses.
The Platform allows access to the purchased Products and/or collection of Promotional Action Add-ons. Access to the aforementioned Products and/or collection of Promotional Action Add-ons is only possible using the Temporary Access Password given to each Customer who has made a Purchase.
In order to activate access to the Product, the Customer may activate a Customer Account. In order to claim the Promotional Action Add-on, the Customer contacts the Vendor's Customer Service Department and receives an email with information on what actions need to be taken. This is dependent on the type or quantity of the Promotional Action Add-on. Access to the Product and/or collection of the Promotional Action Add-on shall only be possible within the validity period of the Temporary Access Password received, i.e. within 179 days from the date of delivery.
When wanting to activate access to the Product, the Customer's first and last name and the Customer's email address must be completed in the Form available on the Platform dedicated to gaining access to the Product. If you wish to claim the Promotional Action Add-on (in the form of cryptocurrency), it is necessary to complete the entirety of the Form dedicated to claiming the Promotional Action Add-on, along with attaching scans of the indicated Documents and checking the appropriate box responsible for expressing consent to send the Form in order to claim the cryptocurrency. The Form must be filled in correctly, to the best of the Customer's knowledge, printed, signed and returned to the indicated address, which will be provided in a separate email.
The cryptocurrency defined in point 3 above is the number of units of a given cryptocurrency that the Customer receives as a gift, determined each time at the time of purchasing the Product with the Promotional Action Add-on (detailed in the order confirmation received by the Customer from the Vendor). The number of units of a particular cryptocurrency indicated when placing an Order shall be added free of charge to each purchased Product, regardless of the value of that Product. Cryptocurrency units shall always be Promotional Action Add-ons and cannot be purchased separately. The expiry date of the Product with the Promotional Action Add-on is 179 days.
The Customer shall be informed on an ongoing basis about the subsequent stages of the verification process. In order to confirm the compliance of the process, data or security requirements, the Customer may be sent an appropriate questionnaire, which the Customer undertakes to complete. Upon receipt of the Form completed by the Customer, the Vendor shall, within 48 hours of receiving such a Form, send the Customer an email confirming its receipt. Confirmation is sent each time to the email address provided by the Customer when placing the Order.
The confirmation referred to in point 7 above shall include:
in the case of a Product – a link to the page where the online training will take place, together with the nearest dates on which such training will take place. Training shall be held only on dates designated by the Vendor. The number of places on a given training course may be limited;
in the case of a Promotional Action Add-on in the form of cryptocurrency – information about a withdrawal of the cryptocurrency to the specified address of the electronic wallet;
in the case of other Products and/or Promotional Action Add-ons, other data necessary for their execution.
If the Form has been filled in incorrectly (for example, it contains illegible data), the Customer shall receive a reply from the Vendor within 48 hours from the Vendor's receipt of such a Form, informing about the faults or errors in the Form.
If the Customer completes the Form after the expiration date of the Temporary Access Password, the Customer shall receive a reply from the Vendor within 48 hours of the Vendor's receipt of such a Form, stating that this Form has been declined due to the expiration date of the Temporary Access Password and, therefore, that Customer will not be able to claim and use the Educational Product and/or Promotional Action Add-on.
The message defined in points 1 and 8 above is sent each time to the email address provided by the Customer when placing the Order.
The provision of the Promotional Action Add-on in the form of cryptocurrency to the Customer's private electronic wallet address (e-wallet) shall take place within 14 days from the date of confirming the receipt of a correctly completed Form by the Vendor.
Electronic wallet (e-wallet):
In order to claim the Promotional Action Add-on in the form of cryptocurrency, the Customer shall provide the address of their electronic wallet to which the cryptocurrency is to be transferred.
The Customer, each time completing the Form in order to claim the Promotional Action Add-on in the form of cryptocurrency and providing the address of their electronic wallet, declares that they are the owner of the wallet, that they came into its possession legally, and that the wallet itself has never been used to carry out unauthorised transactions.
In order to claim the Promotional Action Add-on in the form of cryptocurrency, the Customer shall provide the necessary Documents to the Vendor by attaching them to the Form. The Vendor may require additional Documents from the Customer; in the case of claiming the Promotional Action Add-on, this is dictated by security requirements.
Document confirming identity:
a scan/copy of the Customer's identity card; or
a scan/copy of the Customer's driving licence; or
a scan/copy of the Customer's passport.
The Customer shall provide the Vendor with a scan of a current document confirming their identity with a photograph and visible four corners of the document. The scan of the document must be free of visible damage and must be clean. The scan of the document must include both sides of the document.
Document confirming the address of residence:
a VAT invoice issued to the Customer (among others, but not exclusively, this may be a VAT invoice for water, gas, electricity, TV, Internet, telephone); or
a bank statement belonging to the Customer.
The Customer shall provide the Vendor with a document confirming their address of residence:
in the case of a VAT Invoice – with four corners of such document visible, issued to the Customer no later than 3 months before its delivery to the Vendor,
in the case of a bank account statement – a statement showing at least 3 transactions, address and personal data in the top section of the statement as well as the bank's logo, generated no later than 3 months prior to its delivery to the Vendor.
The Customer may be asked to send a selfie or another proof of identity, or complete a questionnaire as an additional form of security.
In order to confirm the correctness of the data, the Customer may receive a random amount of cryptocurrency in the electronic wallet as the first part of the Promotional Action Add-on. After confirming via email the amount of the cryptocurrency received by the Customer, the remainder shall be processed within a maximum of 14 days.
If the Customer made an online payment, for which they used a payment card/account/other payment solution of which they are not the user/owner, it is necessary to present a statement of consent of the user/owner to make such a payment.
1. The Controller/Vendor shall not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages incurred during the use of the services purchased using the Temporary Access Password, as well as the Promotional Action Add-on.
3. The Vendor shall not be liable for the violation of these Terms and Conditions if the fulfilment of a particular obligation has become impossible due to reasons beyond its control.
4. The Vendor does not guarantee that the Products received using the Temporary Access Password will meet the Customer's requirements if the Customer has not specified these requirements in a sufficiently precise manner before placing the Order. The Vendor determines the content of individual Products before confirming the acceptance of the Order but does not guarantee that the benefits to be obtained from the use of individual Products shall always be effective, reliable, accurate, and that they shall meet the expectations of individual Customers.
6. The Vendor does not guarantee that the Customer will be able to access or use the Platform at any chosen time and location.
7. No oral or written information or advice given by its representative shall constitute a guarantee.
8. The Customer may have additional consumer rights under the Customer's local laws at their place of residence that these Terms and Conditions cannot change.
1. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, the Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless, in so far as permitted by law, the Vendor/Controller, its directors, employees and agents from liability for any claims, damages, liabilities, losses, amounts due, costs or debt and expenses (including, without limitation, for any reasonable charges incurred in relation to any claims or court proceedings which have been instituted or which the Vendors/Controller can be at risk of in relation to any parties) resulting from, respectively: the use by the Customer of access to the Platform; the breach of any provision of these Terms and Conditions; the violation of any rights of third parties, including without limitation any copyright, property or privacy right; and any claim that the content provided by the Customer causes damage to a third party.
2. The Customer's obligation indicated above shall remain in effect after the Customer has ceased to use the Platform.
6. Personal Data Protection
1. The Controller of the databases containing the personal data provided by Customers is the Vendor.
2. The Controller of databases containing personal data undertakes to protect personal data in accordance with the law applicable to the registered office of the Vendor. When the Customer provides their personal data to the Controller of databases containing personal data, the Customer shall simultaneously consent to their processing by the personal data Controller, in particular in order to claim the Product and/or the Promotional Action Add-on. The Customer shall be entitled to view, correct, update and delete their personal data at any time.
7. Changes Made to Offers and Promotions
1. The Vendor reserves the right to change prices of individual Products, withdraw certain Products from the offer and introduce new ones, conduct and change the rules of conducting promotional actions, including the granting of Benefits.
2. The entitlement described in point 1 above shall not affect Orders placed before any changes were introduced to the prices and promotional action conditions, and they shall be implemented based on the previously applicable conditions.
1. If in the opinion of the Customer, the services provided on the basis of the Terms and Conditions are not carried out or are carried out in breach of the provisions of the Terms and Conditions, the Customer shall be entitled to submit a complaint by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The complaints received by the Vendor shall be considered within 30 days from their receipt to the email address specified in point 1 above. If the Complaint does not include information necessary for its consideration, the Vendor shall request the person submitting the Complaint to provide the necessary information, and the term of 30 days shall then run from the day on which the correctly completed Complaint is received.
3. The complaint shall include at least the Customer's full name, the Customer's email address, a description of any objections raised and an indication of the proposed method of resolving the Complaint.
4. A response to a Complaint shall be sent to the email address specified by the Customer in the Order. In particularly justified cases, the Vendor may send a reply to another email address, indicated by the Complainant, which is not assigned to the Order, if this address is approved by the Customer through one of the communication channels initially provided, i.e. the email address or telephone number given when placing the Order.
5. Should it be impossible to identify the Customer, the complaint will be left unconsidered.
6. The Vendor shall not be liable for any losses not caused by the Vendor's fault.
7. The Controller/Vendor may refuse to issue the Promotional Action Add-on in the form of cryptocurrency at any time due to the determination by the Vendor that the Customer has completed the Form in violation of the law, in particular, if the Customer unlawfully uses the personal data of a third party, the address of the electronic wallet provided by the Customer does not belong to the Customer or in the event of a suspicion that the above wallet was used to carry out unauthorised transactions.
8. The Customer may submit a complaint to the Controller/Vendor about the functioning of the Platform, the incorrect execution of the service of access to the Product and/or the Promotional Action Add-on.
9. The Vendor shall not be responsible for the quality of the Promotional Action Add-ons granted, for matching them to the needs of the Customers, or for any improper or unsuitable use of the Promotional Action Add-ons by the Customers. If the Customer does not wish to receive the Promotional Action Add-on, the Customer may notify the Vendor or the Vendor's Business Partner prior to confirming the acceptance of the Order.
9. Withdrawal from the Contract
1. The Customer shall be entitled to withdraw from the Purchase Contract within 14 days from its conclusion date and receive the full refund of costs.
2. The Customer may withdraw from the Contract by sending an email confirming their wish to withdraw from the Contract to the address of the Business partner or to: email@example.com
3. In the event of withdrawing from the Contract, the Customer shall return the Temporary Product Access Password as well as the Promotional Action Add-on received.
10. Final Provisions
1. The Controller shall make every effort to ensure the correct functioning of the Platform.
2. The Controller reserves the right to deactivate the Platform, in whole or in part, for an unlimited time in order to modernise or repair it.
3. The Controller shall not be liable for difficulties in the claiming of the Product and/or the Promotional Action Add-on, which are caused by random events outside the scope of the Controller's influence (including those dependent on the Customer, third parties or force majeure).
4. The Vendor reserves the right to make changes to the Terms and Conditions without providing a reason.
5. The current and applicable version of the Terms and Conditions can be found at yourdigitalcase.com
6. If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are deemed invalid or ineffective, this shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions hereof. Such an invalid or ineffective provision shall be replaced with a valid and effective one that resembles as close as possible the economic effect which the invalid or ineffective provision had referred to.
7. The Customer shall be required to become acquainted with the changes to the Terms and Conditions if the Customer uses the Platform in any way.
8. The appropriate provisions of law applicable to the registered office of the Vendor shall be in force in any matters not governed by these Terms and Conditions. Any disputes shall be resolved in an amicable manner if the Customer so requests. As a last resort, disputes shall be settled by a common court of competent jurisdiction according to the registered office of the Vendor.
9. Using the Platform by the Customer is tantamount to becoming acquainted with and accepting the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.